Anything & Everything





A window into a wide variety of topics...

Family::.. Friends::.. Kids::.. Countries::.. Emotions::.. Recipes::.. Cooking::.. Studies::.. Analysis::.. Freelancing::.. Storytelling::.. Movie Reviews::.. Audio Reviews etc etc...

WELCOME ON BOARD ;)

Friday, February 1, 2008

How real are the reality shows!

This century has become the "REALITY" century!... Just how many reality shows are there?? You see one.. you see 2... you see 3 even and get overwhelmed and say "wow!"... now you see 100.. you see 200.. you see 300.. and say "What the heck!" There used to be a time when peepz rushed to get home to watch Survivors! now that show seems to have taken the back position!... Now there are Idols and Big B's! Just how real are they?? I dunno.. somehow, i feel that the contents are not transparent enough! It's just my opinion or is it the opinion of us!

To tell the truth, the only sms i have ever sent is for the Kaun Banega Crorepati... If not anything, it had many challenging q's. But never have I understood why I have never been tempted to follow suit with many of my friends in voting for candidates who take part in singing/dancing etc competitions!... Somehow I feel that whatever the vote dictates, there is a higher power dictating the winner. Nah... I'm not talking of the Almighty. But the kingmakers of the industry / the show! So why waste my money :D... The reason I say this is that, in almost 99% of the shows, the no. of votes is not mentioned... how much the winner got, the 2nd runnerup got etc... Hence, the disturbing feeling if REALITY shows are REAL :D

No comments: