Anything & Everything





A window into a wide variety of topics...

Family::.. Friends::.. Kids::.. Countries::.. Emotions::.. Recipes::.. Cooking::.. Studies::.. Analysis::.. Freelancing::.. Storytelling::.. Movie Reviews::.. Audio Reviews etc etc...

WELCOME ON BOARD ;)

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Image Streaming

What comes to your mind when don't think of anything! ... Nothing??? As much as I do not know about the possibility of seeing nothing, I BELIEVE it is impssible to not think of anything. Well, it is another story that you may not b aware of what you are thinkng. Have you ever realized dreaming about holidaying in, lets say, switzerland while just looking intently / casually at a grassblade! ... I am talking about literally seeing yourself enjoying in Swiss.

It has happened on many occassions that I was startled awake by mom calling name. However much I tried, I am not able to bring back the entire experience to mind again although, on my best days, I manage to bring a few pieces together... Well, it was never a one (wo)man story as it happens with quite a few of the girls I hang out with (hmm... birds of the same kind flock 2gether!)...

Rememeber the book I was talking about on my first day!... It talks about how you can use such experiences to your advantage. It calls this kind of dreaming / seeing things, Image streaming. You have to get yourself in REM mode in order to be able to do something like this. It will take some practise and effort to achieve this. Once you get the hang of it, you are going to have a fun roller coaster ride :D ...

The objective is to increase the brain power by being able to associate things freely... As our brain starts building connection with random things, it will elp us come with new innovative ideas, help us remember somthing we might have forgotten long ago etc etc.

Come to think of it, our brain takes and absorbs info like a sponge (somebody said this before???) The more we use it, the better it becomes... so lets train it do something positive for us and for others...

Adios for now .... sleepy :(

No comments: